Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Me and Robin and Harrell Fletcher


Last week at The NY Photo Festival, I had the chance to hear Harrell Fletcher give a talk about his work. Harrell is one of my favorite artists, I first became familiar with his work via his web collaboration "Learning To Love You More" that he made with Miranda July. For those of you not familiar with his work, it is a wonderful blend of art and sociology and I encourage you to look through his site. Harrell was exhibiting in Leslie Martin's exhibition "The Ubiquitous Image" and at the end of his talk, he informed the audience that for his piece in the show, he was asking people to share their wallet photographs with him so that he could scan them, print them and hang them in the exhibition. I just happen to always keep a photograph of Robin in my wallet and was excited to include it in the show.

No comments: