Wednesday, April 12, 2006

D-76 Bomb


Two days a week I teach back to back photography courses at Loyola University here in Chicago. Tuesday morning I woke up sick as a dog and yet I showed up to work on time. I arrived at the darkroom only to find that we had run out of D-76 film developer. Perhaps I was groggy from my cold, but after mixing 10 gallons of D-76 stock solution, I lost my grip on the container that I was holding and proceeded to dump the entire 10 gallons all over myself. Needless to say, I feel slightly sicker today. The strangest thing about the whole fiasco was that the developer dried on my sweatshirt in the exact shape of a heart. Robin says I look like a mix between a Care Bear and a Garbage Pail Kid. You can't win them all . . .

1 comment:

Cable Griffith said...

i love you.