Monday, September 11, 2006

Conspiracy Theory (aka The Garbage Can Project)

For the past ten months, I have been working on a new project tentatively entitled, Conspiracy Theory.On the fifth of September, I painted the tops of my garbage cans with the numbers: 1, 9, and 10. #9 is the ninth replacement garbage can since I've begun this project, #10 is the tenth replacement and #1 is an original that has lasted the complete duration of the project. I painted the lids so that I can track them from satellite via Google Earth and have posted a video of this process which can be viewed by clicking here. I am currently working on creating a website for this project with designer jon greene which will feature videos, photographs, satellite surveillance and a variety of other garbage can related observations.

No comments: